President Bola Tinubu is advocating for African anti-narcotic agencies to implement strong measures against both substance abuse and the illicit trafficking of drugs, highlighting Africa’s need to emancipate itself from the control of drug barons and criminal syndicates….CONTINUE READING…CONTINUE READING
He said that Africa will remain in bondage unless it breaks free from the clutches of drug barons and the networks of illegal drug trade.
He gave the warning in Abuja on Tuesday when he declared open the 31st meeting of the Heads of National Drug Law Enforcement Agencies, Africa (HONLAF) at the Abuja Continental Hotel.
Representing the president, Vice President Kashim Shettima urged heads of national drug law enforcement agencies in Africa to revitalize their efforts in the ongoing battle against substance abuse and the illegal drug trade within their nations.
- “If we don’t dismantle the criminal enterprises that threaten our future and build a brighter tomorrow for all Africans, we will remain in chains in a diseased and amoral world, as will our children and their children,” he said.
During his keynote address titled “Rising Above the Drug Threat,” President Tinubu pointed out that Africa was confronted by a menace that recognized no “boundaries, be it race, geography, gender, or social status.”
To this effect, he enjoined the heads of drug law enforcement agencies to consider the conference in Abuja as a ray of hope and a catalyst for positive change across the continent.
Tinubu observed that over the past few decades, criminal groups have been actively attempting to circumvent security measures in African nations to corrupt their citizens’ minds. He also mentioned that anti-narcotics agencies have consistently posed a significant challenge to these criminal organizations.
The president who doubles as the chairman of the Authority of Heads of State and Government of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) stated:
- “But while it’s a compliment that drug-law enforcement organizations are a threat to their criminal empires, their desperation must never be taken for granted.
- “Without you as gatekeepers of healthy nations, humanity as we know it would have long been perverted. So, on behalf of the world, I say: thank you, thank you to all of you who have kept us from being polluted and destroyed.
- “For us, the commitment to the fight against drug trafficking and substance abuse is not just a matter of policy; it is a moral imperative. We recognize that a population at war with drugs is not a dividend but a liability. We believe that the future of our youth, the strength of our institutions, and the well-being of our communities depend on our ability to eradicate this threat.”
President Tinubu underlined the necessity for anti-narcotics agencies to strengthen their pre-existing connections, fortify operational partnerships, and promote collaboration at both sub-regional and regional levels.
He argued that this strategy would create formidable barriers against the trafficking of illicit drugs and the mobility of drug syndicates within Africa.
- “So, I must appeal to you to see this gathering as an avenue for the exchange of novel ideas and the development of practical strategies. We must consolidate established contacts, operational partnerships, and cooperation to ensure that the outcomes of this four-day deliberation advance public safety and the emergence of drug-free African communities.
- “Our strength has always been our proactive actions to prevent any individual or group from turning our countries into a minefield of drug trafficking. So, we must prioritize prevention, education, and rehabilitation to empower our youth with knowledge and opportunities. We must steer them away from the treacherous path of drug abuse and trafficking and protect our economy from the consequences of their actions.
- “This administration will continue to provide the necessary support, motivation, and tools for the NDLEA to fulfil its mandate. We understand the connection between the success of the fight against substance abuse and illicit drug trafficking and the attainment of several goals on our socioeconomic and security agenda.”….CONTINUE READING
BREAKING!!! Nigerian Army Mistakenly Killing 126 Citizen In Kaduna With A Bomb
BREAKING: Tinubu Reportedly Gaffes Again At Dubai COP28 Conference, Mutters Words
Everyone Ignored What God Told This Jewish Boy, But They Were Surprised What Happened Next
I Slept With My Wife’s Cousin But It Doesn’t End There
I Miss My Babies: Woman Says As She Hold and Spend Time With Her Python Around Other Snakes in Bedroom (Video)
I Visited My Husband’s Village For The First Time Only To Find Out His Biggest Secret
Man Forbids Wife to Enter Old Room In His House, Then She Hears Crying from There And She Decided To Find Out What Was Inside
4 Years Without A Child Is Easier Than What I Saw In The Labour Ward That Day
After Church Service My Pastor Called Me And Told Me Something That Left Me In Shock
My Mom Desperately Wants Me To Acquire Properties In Her Name And Not My Wife’s
Man Helped Girl Who Begged For Money. 12 years Later, The Police Knocked On His Door
Couple Waits 10 Years To Open Wedding Present From Husband’s Ex, They Were Left In Shock After Opening It
My Best friend is not Talking to Me because I’m A Virgin And She’s Not
She is Terrifying: Bride Boarded a Cab after Coming From Stylist Before The wedding, Driver Saw Her Get Scared
I Traveled For a Week When I Came Back My 7yrs Kid Told Me What Their Mom Did And My heart Jumped Out Of My Chest
Doctor Told Dad to Buy a Dog For His Paralyzed Son. No One Expected What Happened Next
They Never Expected It: 3 Year Old Toddler Started Talking. What He Told His Dad About His Mum Left Them in Surprised
A Teen Had An Abortion Eight Months Into Her Pregnancy, But Doctors Were Left Surprised By What Happens
Army Dad Returns Home, And Finds His Daughter On The Kitchen Floor
I was Bullied For Being Fat, But am Proud Of Myself : 5yrs Old Girl Shut Down Bullies Make Mama Happy
He’s Definitely Cheating: Mother of 3 Discovers Husband with Another Woman at the Beach
“Forget brains, I bring my beauty to the table”- Lady brags
Money Ritual: Young women and men bath naked in river [VIDEO]
I am tired of being alone, please I am heartbroken – Lady cries out.
Video Of Residents Found A N@ked Woman Sleeping On Their Roof.
Bar attendants caught suckking a man publicly in a bar (VIDEO)
This Endowed Nigerian Lady Is Searching For A Regular Romance Partner (Photos)
Young ladies worship without clothes in a church
Everything Was Going On Fine Until She Dipped His Hand Into My Boxers
Married woman stuck while cheating with her boyfriend – VIDEO
3 Men In The Bible That Never Died (Full Names)
Why I’m not serving in Tinubu’s government-Fashola
You Are Slowly Killing Your Brain If You Keep Doing These Five (5) Things
Stop Combining Eggs With Any Of These Things, It Is Very Dangerous To Your Health
Here Are 5 Effective Methods To Get Rid Of Wall Geckos In Your Home Or Office
‘She’s not ready to leave the streets’: Man dumps bride for visiting her ex day before wedding
If you are suffering from any of these 9 dangerous diseases, just eat okra
“I’m Gonna Take This Guy to Court” – Cristiano Ronaldo Sued Lionel Messi’s Biography Author For Revealing Sensitive Information
CBN To Implement Ban On Bank Accounts Without These Details, Check It Out
BREAKING: Rukayat Shittu Wins, as A’Court Upturn Tribunal Judgement
Sacked Kano Gov Yusuf gets urgent message from APC ahead of Supreme Court judgment
BREAKING: Deji Adeyanju Remanded In Prison Till February
I’m Apolitical, I Don’t Need Your Appointment, Abdulsamad Rabiu Tells APC
BREAKING: Court Grants Governor Fubara Injunction, Leave to Serve Rivers Assembly, CJ
“Kano tribunal deducted 165,616 votes from Yusuf’s votes” – Wole Olanipekun
BREAKING: Anxiety among federal civil servants as about 5,000 of them may not get November and December salaries
‘RIP’- Serena Williams’ Husband Alexis Ohanian Bids Heartfelt Farewell to American Business ‘Legend’ After His Saddening Demise
My worst mistake in life – Ann Njemanze
NEWS FLASH: Akeredolu Issued 72-Hour Ultimatum To Step Down As Ondo Gov
VIDEO: I’m tired of being single, 7 years in UK and no man has approached me – Lady cries out
Ubah/Ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket with Chidoka
JUST IN! Igbo Billionaires, Traders In Lagos Begin Relocation To S’East, Show Off Big Market They’re Building
BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Atiku Sponsors To Head NNPC- APC Alleges
Nurse admits 5 things dying people regret most at the end of their life
4 Drinks You Should Consume Regularly To Flush Your System And Remove Toxins
Nnamdi Kanu: ‘You are yapping like a dog and coward’ – IPOB sends warning to Gov Peter Mbah of Enugu State
The story of Killi-We Nwachukwu, the Nigerian ‘super man’
5 Things Every Woman Loves to Hear From Men
BREAKING: Rivers Reps’ seat : Labour Party wins at Appeal Court
BREAKING: How DSS stopped soldiers from overthrowing Buhari – Fani-Kayode
Politics2 months ago
Atiku Wins Tinubu In US : Court Orders Chicago State University To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records To Atiku
Latest News1 month ago
My Three Kids Belongs To My Father – He Always Enjoyed Me Three Times Daily, Lady Reveals (Watch Video)
Lifestyle3 months ago
One Part Of The Human Body That Never Grows After Birth Till Death
Politics3 months ago
Police Arrest NURTW President, Others as MC Oluomo Took Over Abuja Secretariat
Politics4 months ago
BREAKING: Tinubu bagman for Chicago cocaine mafia; rigged Nigerian presidential election: British MP George Galloway
Latest News4 months ago
Fuel Hike: IPMAN Reveals New Pump Price
Politics3 months ago
BREAKING: Rufai Oseni fires Reno Omokri, sends strong message
Politics3 months ago
Will Tinubu remain in power if court orders a rerun? Here’s what the law says