Water is essential to life, and your body needs it to function properly.
One trending idea suggests that if you want to be healthier, you should drink water first thing in the morning.
However, you may wonder whether the time of day really makes a difference when it comes to hydration….CONTINUE READING
There is this belief that drinking water immediately after waking up is very good as it causes some positive changes in the body. Many people have adopted this as a way of life because of what they have been told by third party and not even trusted sources but in this article, we are going to fully understand why this practice is considered very important.
In this article and inline a publication on medicine.net, we are going to have a look at some of the reasons why drinking water in the morning is considered so important.
Why is Drinking water Immediately After Waking Up In The Morning So Important?
1. Improved metabolism: it has been proven that metabolism rate can be increased or improve upto 25% more if you drink water on an empty stomach, this makes drinking water after waking up in the morning completely healthy and important.
2. It decreases or reduces heartburn: this is because drinking water in the morning will dilute the stomach acid and as such, prepare your body for the breakfast you are going to take.
3. Keeps you hydrated for the day to a good extent. After waking up, we are usually dehydrated due to long hours of rest without food or water thus making it healthy for one to drink water after waking up in the morning.
4. Better skin health: studies have shown that drinking water in the morning can lead to better hydrated skin and reduced wrinkles and dryness though this can be gotten or derived even if you drink water later on and not strictly after waking up.
5. It can boost your immune system in the long run. It can help balance your lymphatic system, which is a primary makeup of the immune system to keep you healthier and able to fight off infections….CONTINUE READING